As A Leading Sinus Surgeon Based Out Of Houston, Where Sinus And Nasal Problems Are Common, Dr. Cilento’s Primary Focus Lies In His Expertise Of The Nose.
He specifically treats paranasal sinuses, associated breathing problems, nasal reconstruction and acute and chronic sinus disease common of the region. Dr. Cilento is Diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology, and the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery. Getting cured and looking good as a result of it, is at the heart of everything he does.
Diagnosing chronic sinusitis is an easy and painless process using modern CT scanning technology. Scanning for diagnosis only takes a matter of seconds. Patients can discuss options directly with Dr. Cilento immediately, while diagnosis and treatment options from Dr. Cilento’s valuable experience and training can be planned on the spot. Dr. Cilento has a huge wealth of experience in dealing with acute and chronic sinus disease, and is a leading researcher in his field – he has won multiple awards for research and lectures extensively in the international community.
Complex Revision Sinus Surgery
Complex revision sinus surgery is the skilled diagnosis and management of recurrent sinus disease and skull base lesions. From pre-operative planning, Dr. Cilento will recommend the relevant surgical techniques to provide an all-in-one solution for patients with a history of treatments and procedures.
Removal of Skull Base Tumors
Skull base tumors come in a variety of types and forms. Modern scanning technology is used to locate and select the best procedure of removal. Modern minimally invasive techniques utilizing access through the nostrils greatly facilitate the removal of skull base tumors and repair other disorders at the same time. Dr. Cilento applies his skills in plastic surgery for the best cosmetic results, while getting to the source of the issue.
Nasal Congestion Treatments
Nasal congestion can lead to many other illnesses and ailments, for example, you may be feeling lethargic because you are not breathing properly at night. The best procedures consider cosmetic and functional results at the same time.
- Nasal Valve Reconstruction – Improving nasal airflow through reconstruction of a narrowed or weakened area of nasal airflow. Considering the long and short-term cosmetic impact of this procedure is a crucial element of Dr. Cilento’s unique approach.
- Septoplasty – This procedure repairs and straightens a crooked septum to improve the nasal passage and is more than just functional repair. Cosmetic considerations are a big part of an excellent Septoplasty.
- Turbinate Reduction – Enlarged inferior turbinates often cause nasal congestion. This procedure reduces turbinates for better breathing. Turbinate surgery is used to treat nasal congestion when other non-surgical options have failed. Most turbinate reductions performed by Dr. Cilento are painless and don’t even require pain medication after the procedure.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery – Dr. Cilento uses the latest in video-aided technologies (endoscope) to improve the drainage-patterns of the para-nasal sinuses. Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) is the best way to treat most sinusitis and other nasal problems. Dr. Cilento is very skilled at these procedures, and ample research supports his record of safety and patient success.
- Balloon Sinuplasty – This modern technology can be used with some patients to reduce invasion and assists with opening the para-nasal sinuses preserving the surrounding anatomy. Dr. Cilento always advises the minimalist approach where possible to preserve your features, unless you are considering improving them with combined options.
- Reconstruction after Mohs Surgery for Skin Cancer – Restoring and replacing removed skin where skin cancer was removed is a very important cosmetic procedure to support full recovery after skin cancer removal. Dr. Cilento applies his experience with plastic surgery when treating removal procedures, and not just when repairing them after the procedure you may have had performed by another doctor.
Common breathing problems normally arise from a variety of problems at the same time. Function Rhinoplasty will normally involve surgical rectification to several nasal structures, including the septum (middle wall of the nose), the turbinate (the structures that regulate airflow), and natural narrowing of the nose (the external and internal nasal valves). See more information on our Rhinoplasty page.
Rhinoplasty (Cosmetic Reconstruction)
Cosmetic reconstruction for shape or function is a real option for many people today. See more information on our Rhinoplasty page.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about Sinus Surgery or to schedule a consultation at our office in Spring TX, please call 346-413-9313